Check for those mistakes…
It is easy to make them,because we are humans.
1.Your audience is not buying kind.
That is because you don’t use segmentation.With segmentation, you can have a great focus on so many different factors… what your audience is or isn’t interested in, what they know. Maybe they only want free stuff.
2.Talking to a friend,not customer,not a group of people,just one person.
When sending email to your audience,always have in mind that you are talking to that one subscriber,not a group.You might have 10,000 people on your list but when sending email,talk to that one person,make them feel special.They don’t know each other and they don’t care about each other.They want to know that you care about them and what they want.
3.Not tracking anything
You don’t know what is going on and you don’t care.That is a recipe for disaster. At some point you will want to make money with your list and if you don’t know what they want you will not be successful.
For every email you send,you should know who clicked,who took time to read it and maybe answer questions or survey. You can use Google Analytics.
When creating lead magnet to people to get on your list,lead magnet MUST be related to your product in the future.If you give them discount coupon for a MCDonalds and selling books,you will not make many sales.
5. Trust and value
You heard :”money is in your list”,well money is in your relationship with your list.If they don’t trust you and feel they didn’t get value from you,you will not make any sales.
Always see them as friends,what they need ,lets help them and if you do,they will trust you and buy from you. It is annoying if you send promotion after promotion and no value at all.This happens to me every day. Set yourself a part from those people and build a trust.Give them free 30 day program,teach them something.If that works they will stay on your list forever.Give something you would sell for free and in the future,they will buy from you many times.
For example, I use ConnectAudience to make sure that whenever I send out an email promotion, I retarget anyone who opens my email on Facebook as well.This drives another 50% revenue on top of my email promotions, just because I took the time to cross-platform retarget. Also facebook pixel on your website,every time somebody comes to your website,first time they login to facebook they will see your ads.
7. Ask the subscribers to *participate* – this can be done in a many ways, ask for help by doing survey,offer something in return or ask them to comment on something, or ask they if they like customer care. People love to be treated as partners.What do you get out of that is that the subscribers who respond then becomes the most committed members of your growing community.
8. Have a growth plan – make a real plan, in hard copy, so others can participate in the plan process, and then execute the plan. Ask them:
– ask them what they want to learn
– ask about problems they have
– ask about form they want your product to be,video,pdf,audio,one on one,…
9. Use humour -try to entertain them,imagine you talking to your friend, trying to explain something.
See how you can build a list in just 30 days free video